Guacamole and Whole Wheat Pita Chips
4 ripe avocados, mashed with some chunks
1/2 medium tomato, seeded and diced
1/4 medium red onion, diced
3 cloves garlic, minced then mashed with kosher salt
1 handful cilantro, chopped
Juice of 1/2 lime
Salt and pepper
Whole wheat pita bread
- Mix guacamole ingredients in a bowl and season to taste.
- For pita chips, preheat oven to 350º. Cut pita into wedges,
separating tops and bottoms.
- Spray baking sheet with cooking spray. Arrange wedges
like a jigsaw puzzle. Spray tops with cooking spray and
sprinkle with salt. Bake until crispy.
- Leave avocado pits in the guacamole to avoid discoloring.
- If you like spice, try adding 1/2 tsp ground cumin (per
avocado used) and some fresh jalapeño, seeded and